THE GOSPEL TABERNACLE CHURCH
STATEMENT OF FAITH
- The Bible is the inspired and only infallible word of God
- There is one true God, eternally existent; revealed Himself as father and as son in redemption; and as Holy Spirit by outpouring in the church.
- In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death; in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the father; in His personal future return of Christ for overcoming believers.
- In the blessed hope, the imminent return of Christ for overcoming believers.
- In the fall and sinfulness of man and that the only means of being cleansed from sin is through repentance and faith in the redeeming blood of Christ.
- Regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely necessary for personal salvation.
- Divine healing is available through the redemptive work of Christ on the cross.
- The baptism of the Holy Spirit, according to Acts 2:4, is given to believers who ask for it. The Holy Spirit in a person’s life is evidenced by changes in his life, including a renewed love for God, and people, a commitment to the scriptures and holy living. The spirit filled believer has the capability of speaking with new tongues whether or not he or she chooses to exercise this gifting.
- The church of Jesus Christ is the universal, spiritual body of believers from every tribe, tongue, kindred and race of peoples, and is indwelt by God through the Holy Spirit and divinely empowered to fulfill ministry and the great commission on earth.
- In the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirt by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a holy life.
- In the resurrection and final judgment of both saved and the lost, the saved to everlasting life and the lost to everlasting damnation.
- The new heavens and the new earth and the holy Jerusalem, the city of God, descending out of heaven and filled with the glory of God.
- Christian growth can only be realized by faith in the promises of God.
- Marriage is God ordained. “So God created man in His own image, In the image of God created he him; male and female created He them” (Gen1:27). “Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh” (Genesis 2:24). Marriage is an intimate exclusive relationship, a lifelong union between a man and a woman. This union between husband and wife should parallel the relationship between Christ and the Church (Ephesians 5:23-30).
- There are two ordinances (1) Water Baptism by immersion in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ after one repents of his sins and receiving the gift of salvation. And (2) Holy Communion (The Lord’s Supper) as a symbolic remembrance of Christ’s suffering and death on the cross for our salvation.